“The night is dark and full of terrors,” says Melisandre from the popular HBO series Game of Thrones. But in Metro Manila, the streets are full of robbers and pickpockets who are on top of their game even in broad daylight.
Whether you’re being extra cautious or lost in your thoughts, danger will always be around and anyone can be a victim. What’s worse is, most of the things you’ll hear from other people after becoming a victim of robbery in Manila, will just make you shake your damn head.
1. No matter how traumatic and stressful your day was after being robbed, some people will always find a way to somehow make it your fault:
“Lesson learned sa’yo ‘yan!”
2. It’s like they’re telling you that you were #AskingForIt so shit things happen to you.
3. Others will give you a lecture that they think you deserve.
Kasi naman Patt. Di ka nag-iingat. Di ka na natuto.
— Ian Patrick Alix (@AlingPatt032396) August 13, 2017
“Alam mo na kasing maraming mandurukot dyan e…”
4. While most people are drowning you with “what you should’ve done,” all you wanna do is try to make sense of what’s happening at the moment.
5. Instead of consoling you after your loss, you’re more likely to hear sermon from your parents…
Me: Ma nadukutan ako wallet
Palitan mo na lang yung laman 😐😂
— Chengyyyy! (@RiechelleT) September 16, 2017
6. …or they’ll applaud you for doing a fine job losing your things again!
🙋🏻:Mommy nasnatch yung isa kong phone
Mommy:Very good ka talaga galing naman ng anak ko
HAHAHAHAHA thanks mommy😌
— Khrissie Sun (@kdaniellesun) September 17, 2017
7. All you can do is cry and beg for mercy that they’ll replace it with a new one.
8. In case you didn’t know, some streets in Manila have a certain reputation… and people will constantly remind you:
Maging alerto sa mga taong manloloko.
— Å🌹 (@angelicacamara4) September 20, 2017
Mag-ingat po ang lahat, palaging maging alerto at huwag kalimutang magdasal.
— Cai (@CairusA) September 12, 2017
“Marami kasi talagang loko dito…”
9. You’ll also be reminded of the rule that every Pinoy commuter must follow and know by heart.
Dapat talaga laging nasa harap yung backpack sa mga matataong lugar.#Katangahan101
— Rolland 😀 (@Rollaaaaand) August 28, 2017
"Ilagay mo backpack mo sa harap, ha. At baka manakawan ka," said every filipino mother ever https://t.co/N32AsIygJJ
— Jinhwi Supremacist (@jinhwisupreme) August 20, 2017
10. Because here in Manila, we changed the way how every one should carry their backpacks.
Basta nandito ka talaga sa Manila nawawala ung essence ng backpack. Napupunta sa harap.
— Gelo (@rom3048mel) August 15, 2017
A sign you’ve truly become a commuter warrior of Manila!
11. Some people’s precautions will either make you question everything, or hate your day even more.
12. Like how we should achieve not to look like a rich person at all.
Keep it lowkey daw kasi.
13. At the end of the day, well-wishers all have the same thing to say:
Cheer up na!! Mag ingat ka na lang next time!
— KIAN (@kianwerde) June 30, 2017
Ay ayun lang. Ingat na next time ate. Bili ka na bago hagahahaha
— Mikaela. (@mikaekaela) August 7, 2017
14. But we all know that no matter how careful or wary you are, things can still go out of your control.
Yung maririnig mo lang palagi ay "Ingat ka ha"
Sad thing is kahit anong ingat mo kung may mananakit sa'yo, gagawin talaga nila eh.
— Clar 🌈 (@frncsnavida) September 20, 2017
15. So the only thing left for us to do is: