DISCLAIMER: All views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the contributor/s and do not represent those of InqPOP! and INQUIRER.net.
All InqPOP! Creator Community submissions appear “as is,” without any editorial intervention. The InqPOP! staff assumes no liability for any error in the content of this material.
Submitted by: Vianca Antonette Catibog
1. When you can’t stop your relatives from making comments on your Facebook posts.
yung minsan ka na lang magpost ng picture sa fb, ang dami pang comments ng mga kamag anak mo my ghaaad #growingupfilipino
— im (@chocolatchauddd) July 21, 2017
2. When your parents told you that you will have a big birthday party but…
when you want to make the party intimate and just invite close peeps but your parents keep on listing down people you don't even know
— Fran Arizabal (@franaway11) June 24, 2017
3. When sibling fight got extreme and your momma gets triggered.
— Shit Filipinos Do (@filipinoposts) April 23, 2017
4. When you finally memorized all of your mom’s signature lines.
— Shit Filipinos Do (@filipinoposts) April 18, 2017
5. That moment when you can’t find something where your parents said it would be.
my poor brother is getting yelled at for looking for eggs with his mouth and not his eyes #growingupfilipino
— melonade (@melonrose_) April 17, 2017
6. When mom calls your name and suddenly gets so mad at you because she thinks you’re shouting at her.
My mom does this thing where she'll call you when you're far away and then gets mad cause you answering too loud 🙄 #growingupfilipino
— MAVA (@brotha_mava) March 26, 2017
7. Uhm, mom and dad can you let me do my thing?
When you're legally capable of doing adult things but still need parents permission to do so…….. #GrowingUpFilipino
— mao (@maobaaa) March 18, 2017
8. Don’t you ever try to provoke your parents dude. That’s a no no.
#GrowingUpFilipino "bahala ka sa buhay mo" didn't mean do what you want, it really meant "I dare you"
— Pogi boy (@KobeGQ) February 26, 2017
9. That awkward moment when a relative says you’re getting fat without even trying.
*starts going to gym regularly* *loses 10 lb*
"u gained weight didn't you?" #growingupfilipino lmfao
— matt (@matthew_reyes) April 2, 2017
10. Mom, I have to ask you something…
I CAN FUCKING HEAR MY MOM OMG IM SO MAD pic.twitter.com/2DFqgAFOsP
— Genevieve (@bougiegenevieve) May 10, 2017
11. Dear Mom and Dad, let me explain …
#GrowingupFilipino when you try to stand up for yourself and reason with your parents, you're automatically considered a disrespectful child
— Joulene (@joulenec) January 18, 2017
12. That awkward moment when you don’t remember someone who recognizes you.
"Wow you're so big na, last time I saw you, you were this big, but now dalaga/binata na"
Me: Who u po?
— Shin (@fymacky) December 28, 2016