In live events, just like in real life, mishaps are inevitable. Last year’s Miss Universe was probably one of the most unforgettable ever.
With everything that has happened—and are still happening—here in the Philippines, we thought of possible scenarios that could happen during the Miss Universe pageant here in our country.
1. In an alternate universe, Donald Trump will vow to “Make Miss Universe great again.”
Let’s all hold hands.
2. During the Question and Answer portion, one of the contestants will get interrupted and will go on full rage mode because ipapadala nya dapat ‘yon sa “peysbuk.”
3. Steve Harvey will once again rush to the stage, this time not with an envelope, but with a jacket for each of the contestants!
Bigyan ng jacket!
4. There will be a mix-up in the names of the winners again, and this time, it’s not Steve Harvey’s fault — it’s former President Gloria Arroyo who will leave us with:
“I AM SORRY”
5. Miss Universe contestants will recite “Pabebe girls” because walang makakapigil sa kanila!
“Wala kayong pake!”
6. Karen Davila will be one of the judges, and will ask one of the contestants a rhetoric question followed by “Yes in all forms or yes with reservations?”
8. …and straightforward answers will be served.
"What qualities should a Miss Universe have?"
— InqPOP! (@InqPOP) January 23, 2017
9. Miss Universe contestants will wear Risa Hontiveros’s “alampay” instead of their own sash.
10. Kris Aquino will be appointed as the social media correspondent and will give us a blow by blow update of the pageant.
Doing what she does best with love, love, love!
11. Those who won’t take home the crown don’t have to be so sad because they’ll receive corned beef as consolation prize from Senyora.
12. In the Philippines, contestants won’t say “Confidently beautiful,” they’ll say “awra for the economy!”
And I think that’s beautiful.
13. Trisha Echeverria will be commemorated as one of the best beauty queens in the Philippines.
14. During the coronation, Gary Valenciano’s dramatic song “Wag Ka Nang Umiyak” will be played.
“Kung wala ka nang maintindihan…”
15. There won’t be anyone who’ll be feeling any pressure.
Owmaygahd. Eto talaga. Wait.
16. This time, no major major mistakes will happen.
17. And finally, the last man standing will definitely be — a woman.
Nothing bizzaro with this one though.
Now go get the crown, queens!