Only bibliophiles or bookworms will understand the euphoria of being surrounded by thousands of books. That unexplainable joy of just rummaging through the shelves, scanning titles and covers then trying to catch a whiff of the pages as you open them.
Heavenly, right? RIGHT??
That’s why the 39th Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) was a perfect gathering for people of diverse interests but share the same passion for learning. And just this last week, the longest running fair in the country had its five-day run at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City.
For those who weren’t able to check out this yearly event, we listed down some of the things you might have missed:
1. Harry Potter paperback set for Potterheads, of course!
2. A shelf filled with nothing but Archie comics!
3. A collection of books written and illustrated by Filipino authors.
4. And a spot where these precious gems were being sold at 100!
5. There was also a section for History buffs and “woke” millennials.
6. A space reserved for best-selling novels.
7. Lastly, these cute, pinoy-inspired notepads that were definitely a favorite of hoarders (like us. LOL).
Aside from encouraging people to continue acquiring knowledge through reading, the MIBF has also become a venue for the exchange of ideas between players in the publishing and academic industry. If you weren’t able to visit MIBF this year, don’t worry because there will be more of this in the future.
Read more from InqPOP!: