If you are not familiar with the term Spoken Word, it is poetry recited and performed on stage that centers on the beauty of world play, intonation, and voice inflection. It includes diverse types of poetry such as: poetry slams, jazz poetry, hip-hop, traditional poetry readings, and even comedy routines and prose monologues.
Though oral performances of poetry has been around for many years, Spoken Word is gaining ground the past couple of years among the technology-savvy youths of today. And with the accessibility that comes with technology, the poet’s works and performances can be seen anytime.
So what are you waiting for? Here are ten heartbreaking and inspiring poems you must definitely check out!
1. An Origin Story – Phil Kaye & Sarah Kay
2. Asintado – Words Anonymous x SUD
3. Nag-iisa – Juan Miguel Severo
4. Nagsimula – Sean & Karel by Treehouse Story (Part 1)
5. Finding You – Sean & Karel by Treehouse Story (Part 2)
6. Sa Pagitan Ka Natagpuan – Maimai Cantillano
7. When Love Arrives – Phil Kaye and Sarah Kay
8. Ako Naman – Zuela Herrera
9. Ang Huling Tula na Isusulat Ko Para Sa’Yo – Juan Miguel Severo
10. Dulo’t Simula – Zuela Herrera x SUD