After 3 years, the game is on again as Sherlock’s fourth season promises to deliver more mind-blowing episodes filled with shocking twists and revelations.
BBC’s TV adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes is back at it after a long hiatus, following season three which aired in 2014 and a special episode last year. Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch), John Watson (Martin Freeman), and the whole squad made us ride a rollercoaster of emotions again with the new episode called “The Six Thatchers.”
1. All Sherlock fans when BBC announced Sherlock’s return on January 1:
Sherlock came back with a bang for New Year and fans were excited for the new episode!
2. After the long wait, the game is officially on again.
Sherlock fans indeed are the most patient fandom!
3. While watching the season premiere, everyone was like: “Oh, what a year to be alive! Happy New Year, indeed!”
4. Some couldn’t even contain their emotions!
Well, who could when we’ve waited 3 years for this?
5. The first part of the episode were all cute and fluffy scenes with Mary (Amanda Abbington) giving birth to Rosamund or Rosie as we call her.
6. Sherlock trying to discipline little Watson is the cutest thing!
7. Mycroft though, proved to be our spirit animal.
— Antonella (@antoverthinking) January 1, 2017
8. After the bright and sunshiney scenes which seemed to be the calm before the storm, everything went dark real quick.
9. Seriously, this was all of us.
— Sarah Carpenter (@SariCarpenter) January 2, 2017
10. The whole Sherlock fandom seriously just lost it after watching the new episode.
— Jessie150 (@Jesssie150) January 2, 2017
11. There are two kinds of people who watched the first episode of Sherlock Season 4…
— lichtblickpink (@lichtblickpink) January 2, 2017
…one who is definitely triggered and another who’s simply just shookt.
12. With how the episode ended, everyone was left in shock.
— Kristin (@runfastforfatm) January 2, 2017
It would make you think if the curse of 2016 has carried over to 2017.
13. This perfectly sums it all:
— andrea (@cullen_andrea) January 2, 2017
14. We can’t wait for the next episode but we’re also kinda scared.
— Geraldine Carr (@GeriCarr) January 4, 2017
15. To some, the premiere episode of Sherlock this season may not be its best; but with the upcoming second episode, fans are expecting to be in one hell of an epic surprising turn of events.
— SherlockDaily (@SherlockDaily_) January 2, 2017
“It’s not a game anymore.”
16. And no matter how dark and painful the first episode was, we know we’re ready for more.
#Sherlock fandom: Oh god Oh god Oh god the pain
*5 minutes later* pic.twitter.com/WPdgU3ze4S
— Question Everything (@SaucyScribe) January 2, 2017
17. The waiting game, fam, is on!
— ❅kyungsooperman❅ (@ultjeffreyy) January 1, 2017