Rakrakan, arguably the Philippines’ biggest, loudest, and most exciting all-OPM festival brand, is set to shake the local music scene once again on January 14, 2017 at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds. Aptly rebranded as “Rakrakan: OPM Against Drugs Festival” to raise awareness on drug abuse and addiction through music and the arts, Rakrakan has grown from a small-scale production to a huge 5-stage concert featuring 100 OPM bands, a skateboarding exhibition and competition, street art contest, merch exhibit, and many other activities.
“Rakrakan: OPM Against Drugs Festival” boasts a wide range of genres from a diverse mix of independent and mainstream artists which include Ebe Dancel, SUD, Jensen & The Flips, BP Valenzuela, Autotelic, Pedicab, Taken By Cars, and Bullet Dumas on the Indie stage; Charice Pempengco, KZ Tandingan, Sponge Cola, December Avenue, Barbie Almalbis, Mayonnaise, Drive Me To Juliet, and Gracenote on the Move stage; Slapshock, Wilabaliw, Kjwan, Rocksteddy, Chicosci, Typecast, Philia, and Franco on the Mosh stage; Valley of Chrome, Mr. Bones and the Boneyard Circus, WUDS, Philippine Violators, Skychurch, The Late Isabel, Days of January, and Lostthreads on the Slam stage; and Brownman Revival, Grin Department, The Chongkeys, Kartel at Lion and the Scouts, Kokoi Baldo and Juan Gapang, On The Spot, Chocolate Factory, and Collie Herb on the Groove stage. Performances will run simultaneously on all stages – as it has always been since 2013 – which promises yet another wild and breathtaking experience for every OPM fan in attendance.
Aside from music, “Rakrakan: OPM Against Drugs Festival” offers these pocket events guaranteed to maximize the Rakrakan experience:
- Skateboarding Exhibition and Competition – a staple since 2013, the skateboarding exhibition and competition features a free-for-all skateboarding area for attendees, with freebies and prizes at stake for contest participants in several categories including Best Run and Best Trick.
- Street Art Contest – five street art teams will endeavor to bring their creativity to life in this activity; winning teams will be judged based on their originality, style, and design. In addition, a “freedom wall” will be setup for all guests who wish to express their creativeness and leave their impression for future generations of OPM supporters.
- Merch Exhibit – currently the largest congregation of indie merchandisers in Metro Manila, with over 50 brands participating annually. Festival-goers will find everything here from tees and tank tops to shorts and jeans, jackets, socks, jewelry, footwear, artworks, sunglasses, pins, caps, toys, and plenty of other goods at very affordable prices!
- “OPM Against Drugs” efforts shall also be undertaken in cooperation with the Pasay City Anti-Drug Abuse Council and Dangerous Drugs Board in order to educate the youth on the dangers of substance abuse and addiction.
- Side activities such as face painting and henna tattooing, brand-sponsored games, information drives, and artist meet-and-greet (for VIP ticket holders) will be there to complement the whole festival experience.
Early-bird tickets are now available at all SM Tickets outlets nationwide for only Php 500 and VIPs at Php 1,500 (excluding SM Tickets charges) for limited slots only; door prices are at Php 600 and Php 2,000, respectively.
Don’t miss it!
“Rakrakan: OPM Against Drugs Festival” is presented by Rakista Radio; co-presented by Red Horse Beer, Draven Shoes, and Dickies; and sponsored by D&D Custom Guitars; with Official Venue Partner, SM Mall of Asia. Visit www.rakrakanfestival.com for more details.