Mommies are A-MAY-ZING in the ways they always make sure that family comes first. So on Mothers’ Day, Nickelodeon is switching things around by treating them to a special day of pamper and play in the cheeky Nickster way!
This Sunday, May 13, Nickelodeon celebrates Mothers’ Day with its first-ever Mom & Me event which takes inspiration from Nickelodeon’s signature shows and lets kids bond with their moms and other family members at The Block in SM North EDSA from 10am – 6pm. Entrance is free but pre-registration is needed so come early and sign up for a day filled with momster fun games and activities!
“In this day and age where kidpreneurs are booming, Nickelodeon’s Sunny Day is a great role model for our Gen-Z kids with her confident and can-do attitude so we’re really excited to feature her at our first-ever Mom & Me event where we’re telling moms to empower their kids through play. In turn, we’re telling kids to treat their moms special whether it’s Mothers’ Day or simply every day!” said Dinna Zaratan, Philippines Country Manager for Viacom International Media Networks.
What’s Cooking at the Mom & Me Event
Nickelodeon dishes out awesome activities which will be held throughout the day. These are sprinkled with a lot of silly, all meant to create bonding play time between moms and kids.
• In Sunny Day’s How Well Do You Know Each Other’s Secret Selves, Nickelodeon challenges mom and kid team-ups to find out their real selves! The winning mom and kid teams are treated to a cool hair blowout, makeover plus a keepsake photo to boot!
• Then there’s Sunny Day’s SPArty and Nail Art area where kids are taught quick hand massage techniques by masseuses so they can make their moms feel like queens.
• In SpongeBob SquarePants’ Slushie Stop, kids will learn how to prepare healthy drinks. Meanwhile, sons have the chance to learn how to wear a SpongeBob bow tie so that they’re all spruced up and ready to date their moms on Mothers’ Day!
• The Nickelodeon Kitchen Raid will show moms and kids how to make creative food art together with Nick characters.
• Regal Academy brings craft and color for moms and kids as they create take-home art projects like twinning floral wristbands, headbands, and coloring sheets.
• And how about getting a keepsake wacky photo from The Loud House Trick-Eye Photo Wall to remember this A-MAY-ZING Mothers’ Day event?
Mom & Me Stage Activities
Stay tuned for Mompowerment Talks by momfluencers from Official Mom Community Partner, Mommy Mundo. Hear from RJ Dancel, and Kaye Catral of BentoMommas who will share tips on family travel; Janice Villanueva with 11-year old kidpreneur daughter, Reese, and Audrey Dimarucot on encouraging kidpreneurs, and also find out more about the importance of playing with your kids.
In addition, more mom and kid game challenges, a Regal Academy dance number, a Meet & Greet with Regal Academy’s Rose and Hawk, and a special performance by Ballet Manila await attendees.
Nicksters Pledge to Mom
Kids are encouraged to make this the best Mothers’ Day yet by writing on the Nicksters’ Pledge Wall what they promise to do to make mom feel special not just on Mothers’ Day but every day. Ten best pledges will be chosen and the winning Nicksters get to score great prizes.
Nickelodeon Character Appearances
Holy Krabbby Patties! Nickster faves SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star are set to make this an even more memorable event so come to our Mom & Me event and who knows? You and your kids might just get the chance to meet and greet the lovable duo!
Our A-MAY-ZING Mom & Me Partners
Celebrating our Mom & Me event with us are sponsors Richeese, Fisher Price and PLDT Home. The staging of the event is also through the support of official cable partner, Cignal; official online media partners Inquirer.net and InqPOP!; and event partners Manilaforkids.com and Ballet Manila.
For more details about Nickelodeon’s Mom & Me event, visit www.nick-asia.com.
Nickelodeon, now in its 39th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated kids’ basic cable network for 22 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. For more information about Nickelodeon in Asia, visit www.nick-asia.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).