After spending all your life in school, you’re now suddenly thrown into a phase of your life called adulthood and we’re probably not the first ones to say this, but adulting is h a r d. Aside from fending for one’s self, here are other situations that every young adult is becoming all too familiar with.
1. When it’s cold and you want to stay in bed all day but you know you have to go to work in order to, you know, keep yourself alive
2. FORMS. Has anyone else noticed that adulthood is 70% filling out of forms? Is this the secret to a successful adulthood then? Never stop filling out forms?
3. When someone younger asks you for help or advice and you look around for an adult but then realize that YOU are the adult
4. When someone more adult than you unconsciously makes you feel small and intimidated and you wonder if you’re even gonna reach that level of adult
5. When some things just aren’t acceptable anymore. Like randomly dancing in a public space. But you still do it anyway.
6. When you’re torn between buying something for yourself or eating 3 complete meals everyday until the next pay day
7. Getting your first 13th month pay = best thing since college graduation
8. When you’re out and you see the time and instinctively worry about breaking curfew. But then you realize you don’t have one anymore! Let’s drink to that!
9. When you call those who are younger than you by 2-3 years “kids” complete with starting your sentences like “When I was at that age…”
10. But then you look back at yourself on social media 2-3 years ago, you are so totally as pabebe as they are. Aminin!