The countdown begins for the country’s biggest book event of the year: the Manila International Book Fair is poised to make its return to the halls of SMX Convention Center Manila on Sept. 15-18! Book lovers from all walks of life can now prepare to do some serious revenge book shopping in the biggest physical showcase of books to be seen since the onset of the pandemic.
With over 100 exhibitors joining this year’s book fair, the MIBF is looking to welcome back its record-breaking crowd, which hit over 160,000 in 2019. Here’s why you should be marking down the MIBF dates in your calendar:
- The latest titles, exclusive discounts. Publishers and distributors’ printing and import calendars are scheduled around the MIBF, so expect to see the latest titles for your library on the exhibition floor. Avail these titles at MIBF rates, too, and take advantage of special deals from exhibitors. Make your way through your Christmas list, while you’re at it, and cop the best picks for the people on your list way ahead of time!
- Indie Village. A special pavilion showcasing independent publishers is one of the features of this year’s MIBF. Catch the most exciting new releases from a wealth of local indies this year, including Avenida, Milflores, Komikon, Everything’s Fine, The Independent Publishers-Collab (TIP-C), ABC Educational, and The Indiepubcollab PH, which brings titles from 8 Letters, Aklat Alamid, Aklat Mirasol, Aklat Ulagad, Alubat Publishing, Atma Prema Wellbeing Group, Kasingkasing Press, Isang Balangay Media Productions, Gantala Press, Librong Lira, Pawikan Press, San Anselmo Press, Southern Voices Printing Press, and TBC Publications.
- Author signings. Definitely one of the things bookworms miss the most: the chance to interact with their fave authors and have their books signed and dedicated! Stay tuned for the list of signings happening on site at the MIBF.
- Book events. Aside from author signings, other book events await readers of all ages: storytelling sessions, art workshops, book launches, seminars, and the like. More than just a shopping event, the MIBF is a great place for learning and meeting fellow book lovers!
- Gear up to go back to school. MIBF’s co-located event this year, School World, is a one-stop shop for teachers, students, parents, school administrators, young professionals and working adults to provide a wide selection of products and services as schools transition into new modes of learning in the new normal.
Find all these and more at the upcoming Manila International Book Fair! MIBF is organized by Primetrade Asia, Inc. in partnership with Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc. (ACCI), Book Development Association of the Philippines (BDAP), Philippine Booksellers Association, Inc. (PBAI), and Overseas Publishers Representatives’ Association of the Philippines (OPRAP). MIBF tickets are available via SM Tickets. For details, call +63 917 899 3463 or email [email protected] or follow @ManilaBookFair on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram