Produced by legendary producer David Foster, We Love Disney presents today’s hottest artists interpreting beloved Disney Classics.
In a unique collaboration between Verve Records and Walt Disney Records, the two esteemed labels have teamed up to present the compilation album We Love Disney, which will be released in October 30, 2015 and distributed by MCA Music (Universal Music Philippines). The compilation features the hottest artists from across the pop, rock, R&B, and country worlds delivering their own unique interpretations of classic Disney songs. The album was produced by multi-platinum, Grammy® Award-winning producer and Verve Music Group Chairman David Foster. Watch the Teaser Trailer here:
“When the opportunity arose to partner with Walt Disney Records, I jumped on it,” says Foster. “The Disney franchise is something that brings out the kid in all of us. No matter how old you are, 3 or 103, when you hear the word ‘Disney’ you light up from within. And there isn’t a person on the planet who doesn’t have a favorite Disney song. We tapped into that passion with all of the artists on the album. I tried to make the songs timeless so you couldn’t tell whether they were recorded 30 years ago or 30 years from now. The Disney catalog is so amazing. You have so many songs to pick from, going back almost 80 years now. So it’s an endless treasure and one of the most rewarding projects that I’ve ever done — and I’ve done a lot of stuff.”
International Deluxe Version Tracklist:
1. Ne-Yo – Friend Like Me (Aladdin)
2. Jessie J – Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid)
3. Jason Derulo – Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama (The Lion King)
4. Gwen Stefani – The Rainbow Connection (The Muppet Movie)
5. Ariana Grande – Zero To Hero (Hercules)
6. Jhené Aiko – In a World of My Own/Very Good Advice (Alice in Wonderland)
7. Fall Out Boy – I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song) (The Jungle Book)
8. Tori Kelly – Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)
9. Kacey Musgraves – A Spoonful of Sugar (Mary Poppins)
10. Charles Perry – Ev’rybody Wants To Be a Cat (The Aristocats)
11. Jessie Ware – A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella)
12. Lucy Hale & Rascal Flatts – Let It Go (Frozen)
13. Various Artists – It’s a Small World
14. Brenna Whitaker – It’s Not Easy Being Green (The Muppet Show)
15. Yuna – A Whole New World (Aladdin)
About Verve Music Group:
Verve is Universal Music Group’s American contemporary label with an active artist roster that includes Andrea Bocelli, Diana Krall, Mark Knopfler, Ledisi, Dirty Loops, Sarah McLachlan, Yuna and Barry Manilow, to name a few. David Foster, a 16-time Grammy Award-winning producer, has served as Verve Chairman since 2012. When Verve was founded in 1956, the label made a name for itself as the home of jazz legends including Ella Fitzgerald, Bill Evans, Nina Simone, John Coltrane, Stan Getz and Billie Holiday.
About Walt Disney Records/Disney Music Group:
Disney Music Group is home to Walt Disney Records, Hollywood Records, Disney Music Publishing and DMG Nashville. DMG releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the Oscar and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack, the Grammy-nominated soundtracks for “Guardians of the Galaxy,” the Aladdin Original Broadway Cast Recording, and “Saving Mr. Banks,” as well as “Teen Beach 2,” and the upcoming soundtracks “The Descendants,” “Ant-Man,” and “Star Wars.” DMG also releases the Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection, a series celebrating the anniversaries of Disney’s most cherished and classic films, including “Mary Poppins,” “The Lion King,” and Disney Pixar’s “Toy Story.” The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include Demi Lovato, Breaking Benjamin, ZZ Ward, R5, Grace Potter, Zella Day, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, Jordan Fisher, Fairfax Recordings, and more.
For more about We Love Disney, please visit: