After a year of waiting since Attack on Titan season 2 last aired, the popular anime adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s manga series, has returned for the third season and will premiere this July.
The trailer teases a bloody start for Eren Yeager and company as it showcases the Survey Corps battling against not only Titans, but even their own kind—the political and military forces from the kingdom they’ve been trying to protect. And it’s been hinted that someone will betray the team. Who could that be? We’ll have to wait and find out.
But here’s what we know so far from the last season:
- Eren has the ability to “coordinate”, that means he can control nearby titans so they can fight each other.
- Christa’s real identity is Historia Reiss, the last remaining member of the true royal family.
- Ymir has been confirmed as a ‘Titan Shifter’ (like Eren, she can turn herself into a titan and vice versa) and is tasked to protect Historia.
- Reiner and Bertholdt are the Armored and Colossal Titans that attacked the Wall of Maria in Season 1.
- The walls surrounding the whole kingdom were made from bodies of Titans
- The ‘Beast Titan’ is also a Titan Shifter that is a highly skilled antagonist.
Watch the trailer below:
‘Attack on Titan’ is a manga series created by Hajime Isayam in 2009. It follows the story of Eren Yeager, and his two childhood friends, Mikasa Ackerman, and Armin Arlert as they join the military to fight and protect their city against the Titans.