The National Costume competition is one of the most awaited segments during the annual Miss Universe pageant. It also turns out to be, at times, the most hilarious part of the show as contestants walk on stage in the most dignified way possible while struggling with some unwieldy costumes.
We have compiled a random list of some of the most peculiar national costumes ever presented in the pageant. As a bonus, we’ve included a few selections from the recently concluded 65th Miss Universe.
Check it out below:
1. Who doesn’t love chocolates? Though this might be overdoing it a bit!
Miss Universe 2012, Miss Venezuela
2. Anytime now those genie lamps will be spinning…. wait for it!
Miss Universe 2014, Miss Virgin Islands
3. Seriously?! The score board nailed it!
Miss Universe 2014, Miss Canada
4. I think she’s getting ready to go to a birthday party…
Miss Universe 2014, Miss Germany
5. Hmm, that headdress is really distracting…
Miss Universe 2014, Miss Ghana
6. So what are you exactly?
Miss Universe 2014, Miss Trinidad & Tobago
7. This one got us scratching our heads too!
Miss Universe 2014, Miss Turks & Caicos
8. This lady looks like a yellow tree!
Miss Universe 2014, Miss Venezuela
9. Orange, anyone?
Miss Universe 2014, Miss Curacao
10. From orange to colorful birds, what’s next Miss Curacao?
Miss Universe 2015, Miss Curacao
11. We think we have had enough of this game
Miss Universe 2015, Miss Hungary
12. This got us reacting: “HUWATTTT???”
Miss Universe 2015, Miss Nigeria
13. Ikaw na, girl! Ikaw na talaga!
Miss Universe 2015, Miss Puerto Rico
14. Ay si ate, nag-doble kara!
Miss Universe 2015, Miss Spain
15. Iba din confidence level ni ate girl!
Miss Universe 2015, Miss Thailand
16. We think you’ve made your point lady!
Miss Universe 2016, Miss Canada
17. We bet she’s dreaming of her Prince Charming… Poor thing!
Miss Universe 2016, Miss Germany
18. Oh c’mon! Really now!
Miss Universe 2016, Miss Myanmar
But this girl nailed it! She was awarded best in national costume!
19. Fly away skyline pigeon fly…
Miss Universe 2016, Miss Nicaragua
20. Can it get any better than this?
Miss Universe 2016, Miss Sweden